Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 11:21 PM   #101
LukaThaDonPart2
Banned

LukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
The other thing about BPA is sometimes you trade for another star. You draft Sabonis he’s part of the package that gets Paul George.
So you're going to draft an ill fitting player in hopes to trade for some great player? There's never a guarantee that BPA will turn out to be a star. Best player available is an evaluation not a factual thing anyone can be great or a bust and usually late first rounders that we will be stuck with aren't going to be stars. If it could be proven, Luka would have been a #1 pick, Giannis #1 etc.. but they weren't. I do grant you that Donnie wanted Giannis and Cuban said no and that was stupid, but it is in the past there's nothing we can do about it now. And it's not like we would have Giannis and still got Luka. We would have been to good to draft Luka in all likelyhood and we wouldn't have gotten KP either so let the past be the past.

I say just try to build the best team you can around Luka and that has to involve defensive minded players otherwise we'll always be a historical great offensive team who gets torched when it matters. We might be drafting in the 20s you can't predict that you will draft someone so good we could trade them for someone else better that is insane. We wont even have first round picks for 2 seperate years coming up. So I say good luck trying to draft the next star in the late teens, 20s or 2nd round if you can do that you should take Donnie's job. Unless Luka suffers a David Robinson type injury we're not going to be drafting in the lottery for a LONG time. Probably not until the 2030s.

Last edited by LukaThaDonPart2; 08-25-2020 at 11:43 PM.
LukaThaDonPart2 is offline   Reply With Quote