View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #37
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
Im not saying he is not being honest now, but he did move from a position of trusting the FO to now openly doubting and questioning them so whats stopping him from moving further to what was unthinkable before. It is completely out of character for Dirk to say anything directly negative about the front office in public so I think this is a big deal with the potential for Dirk to change his mind again because he hates losing and decides its in his best interest to say please trade me or just I am retiring at the end of 2014 or even just signing elsewhere at the end of 2014. To me, the potential is there depending on the outcome of this offseason.

I get why you and others are just taking him at his word now, but his word has changed. Why cant it change again for the previously unthinkable?
I think questioning the direction the FO took two off seasons ago (which he's doing here) is very different than questioning the ability and commitment of the FO moving forward (which is not what I read here).

I think it would take the latter happening for Dirk to consider leaving, and I don't see that happening.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote