View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 03:05 PM   #92
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
It isn't "trash talk" about Devin - it's pointing out why we couldn't win it all with him (ever) and what we gained by trading him... Sure, we lost his slashing ability, but we gained a point guard to play the point guard position...

Don't get me wrong - I would have rather packaged JET and kept Devin at the 2, but it is what it is and Dirk seems to be a lot happier with Kidd's style of play than Devin's (I have yet to see him yell at Kidd the way he yelled at Harris on a regular basis...)

The blame doesn't lie on Kidd's shoulders - it lies on Cuban & Donnie's for not making another (obvious) move to pick up a slasher after we got Kidd... We traded one problem for another and we still don't have a legitimate shooting guard or low post threat (I also blame Stack for his part in costing us our greatest trade asset - the KVH contract...)

At best, we'd be treading water with Devin... We took a gamble with Kidd and it could have paid off if the front office had the balls/brains to make another move... It's still not too late to add a missing piece to this team, but if it doesn't happen by the All-Star break, then we're probably blowing it up (and that would still be the case if Devin was on our roster...)
The point that we can't win with Devin is beyond moot when the same goes for Kidd. There's no way we are winning it with him. And Cuban and Donnie are to blame for the trade because we gave up too much for Kidd so we couldn't get a slasher and again that's why the trade was a bad move. NJ should have been having a fire sale and instead they come out ahead (or at least even to those who are STILL in favor of the trade).
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote