Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 03:44 AM   #2469
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
So.....what does Memphis want for their pick? I'm content with losing next years first rounder to get a first rounder this year........but it has to be top 4.
I'm 100% sure the Fish shit is the usual misinformed crap. I think the Grizz would move down to dump Parsons but not trade out like Fish suggests. I also absolutely refuse to believe as much as the Mavs love Barnes that it would be their love of him that would hold up a trade to get the 4th pick in this draft and give up only he and cap space. That would be so Fish to have some of the facts but not all of them. The ringer podcast - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbDCFMOS3U0 around 39:30 ... according to jason gallagher the "dream scenario" is Doncic falls to 4 and Mavs give up 5 and Barnes.... AND take on Parsons to move up one lousy spot. Love Doncic but I would be super pissed. And he, and bill simmons, act like this is a fantastic trade idea. So the disconnect between others and Fish is pretty wide. And as bad as that trade sounds to me, I actually think it's closer to the truth than anything from Fish. Prolly something like a swap of 4 and 5 was discussed and the only way Memphis was willing to do it was if we took Parsons.

My guess is the Grizz are willing to move down for the right offer. But there is a 0% chance imo they move completely out like Fish suggests and it's laughable to me that he is basically saying the Mavs are offering to take 2 bad parsons years for the 4th pick in a very good draft like it's reasonable. IIRC this all started with Fish also saying the Mavs wouldn't like to include wes and Powell in the mix but this is a salary dump idea for memphis why would they give up the 4th but take back equal salary without it being an all star player... i mean it's all so Fish. Buried very deep in all that "mavs exclusive" crap is a grain of truth I'm sure. It's just a whole lot of poo to sift through till you find it and by the time you do, you realize everyone else has already reported it, but correctly..... ugh.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote