View Single Post
Old 04-12-2023, 08:34 PM   #220
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Reported where? Where did the Mavs ever draw a line in the sand? It was a basic FA timeline until Brunson shut everything down. Again, the incumbent team said we are at X, you're free to test the market. That's not an ultimatum, take it or leave it. Generally, it's in the player's best interest to at least go back to the team who brought you in to see if there's a counter even higher than the Knicks offer to bump up the end dollars.

Everything that Brunson and his camp did was tilted towards the Knicks. And that's fine! He wanted to be there.

Happy to be proven wrong if the Mavs publicly stated their max offer. I just don't recall that at all.
McMahon and Marks were reporting from sources multiple times the Mavs org viewed Brunson at FVV money 5/105, this was before and after Brunson signed with New York. McMahon even brought it up again last week on the hoop collective.

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/st...P-fUxROA9UvgJA

Now I know you?re going to disregard this because Mavs didn?t ?publicly state?, we that?s not something teams do when in negotiations. It comes out through sources just like the Wood fiasco.

I?m glad he?s in New York doing well away from this clown car front office. But he could?ve been resigned if Cuban ?we can pay more than any team? wanted to match the Knicks number.