Thread: Shawn Bradley
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 03:07 PM   #13
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Shawn Bradley

Quote:
I think the plus/minus difference may be due to a couple or three factors: 1) Walker sucked most of the year
Yup, that and he just doesn't fit the team.
Quote:
2) Bradley played only limited minutes so the numbers may be skewed;
I think it's pretty disturbing that I was only able to find 143 minutes where Bradley shared the front court with AJ and Dirk. There were more, of course, but they just weren't listed because of low minutes - I'd wager the grand total was under 250 for the season. Still, your contention was that Dirk and Bradley couldn't coexist succesfully and, in fact, that Dirk was a significant part of "Shawn's problem". Certainly the sample size was small, and I wouldn't expect these lineups to consistently outscore the opposition by 23 points per 48 minutes, but when the effect is this large, even a small sample size is meaningful.
Quote:
3) Dirk is really good, even playing from further away from the basket.
Then play Dirk away from the basket when Shawn's out there. If you sent around a petition lobbying for Dirk to play more in the post I'd be first in line to sign it, but that doesn't mean he has to play in the post all the time. Go with what works, and if using Dirk more like a SF on offense is what makes that lineup work, then use Dirk as a SF. Just give me the results, and as the numbers show, there's really no basis for doubting that the AJ, Dirk, Bradley frontcourt can't yield good results.