Thread: MVP
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2001, 03:24 PM   #15
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Fidel that's my point. That's why I said he's not the most dominant because that goes to Shaq. Shaq is also the best player in the league, there is not a player I would take before him. However I'm saying, MVP, most valuable player to the team. Now some would argue and say McGrady, however that team made the playoffs last year without him and less talent.

For instance, Iverson shot poorly in game one, very poorly and they lost. That's my point, they rely on HIM to carry the team. They rely on him to lead them to victory. If he doesn't they lose, if he does well they win! Shaq on the other hand, if he doesn't they look to Kobe. NOW, Kobe has the "ability" to be that player but he still hasn't figured it out yet, how to be a leader.

Yes the East is much weaker, no disagreement there. You're probably right, Lakers would beat Philly, but this I do know, take Iverson off the 76ers, they're not even a playoff caliber team. Take Shaq off, the Lakers are atleast a 7 or 8 seed, just like Orlando was an 8 seed last year.