View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #199
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Upon a second viewing, I revert back to my initial reaction: DOFP is my favorite superhero movie since TDK. It's maybe not as good from a scripting or classic filmmaking perspective, but it's a lot more fun.

The very first scene in TWS (where he rescues the SHIELD agents aboard the pirate ship) is awesome... but the finale is a mess. Way too much going on.

DOFP tells a mostly-incoherent story and doesn't even really resolve much by the end, but it knows what kind of ridiculous movie it is and really goes for it. Plus, the performances by Hugh Jackman and Michael Fassbender are more entertaining than anything in the Cap movie.

But this is apples and oranges... comparing an unapologetic popcorn movie with a political thriller starring a superhero.
There is still someone who finds the movie/jackman version of wolverine interesting? That's shocking.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote