View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 07:43 AM   #3
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and to add some news that some of you may or may not know and some of my thoughts:

1) TO has been back to practice and will suit up tonight and might actually play, (he will definitely play in Jacksonville barring any setbacks).

2) Vanderjagt has been practicing kickoffs for a couple of days now and wasn't doing great, but is supposed to do some tonight. He has also been around the 90% clip in field goals from 45 yards and in with a total of over 70+ attempts.

3) Flozell's calf is getting better and he is questionable for tonights game. He should be ready for Jacksonville also.

4) Old news, but Crayton has been back and should play a good bit tonight. This basically has us injury free for Week 1 if no one else gets hurt tonight, (our starters I mean).

5) Watch for Columbo at RT... Bill is really talking about this former 1st round pick and I would basically pencil him in as the starter if he performs well tonight. I think they might carry 5 OTs with Petitti as the main backup RT, McQuistan as the main backup LT, and Fabini as insurance, (although I could also easily see Fabini cut or traded).

6) Watch the Davis/Watkins FS battle. Davis should be back after his bullet surgery and these two are pretty even for the starting spot. You haven't heard Watkins' name at all in a negative way, and not hearing your FS's name come up during the course of a game can only be positive. I hope Watkins gets the nod so Davis can concentrate on STs.

7) Look for a signing or trade very soon as backup NT is by no means decided yet. Johnson and Stanley are both struggling as a true Nose Tackle as opposed to the 4-3 Tackle position.

8) Finally, prepare for 7, (thanks Chum), Dallas Cowboys in this year's Pro Bowl, (Adams, Bledsoe, Witten, TO, Williams, Ware and Newman). James and/or Ellis might just play well enough to get in, but if they do, it will be at the expense of one of the other Cowboys listed.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 08-31-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote