View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 07:39 PM   #85
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Shawn Bradley set to retire

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
To hell with Nellie for ruining Bradley's reputation around the city of Dallas and for leading him to being underappreciated and underutilized.

Nellie, you were a sorry person when it came to your handling of Bradley. Sorry is the only way to describe it. You ruined a guy's career that was more than capable of contributing to the Dallas Mavericks and the the NBA well into his upper 30's.

Nellie and injuries did not help Bradley, nor TAW for that matter.

What people tend to forget is that TAW earned the contract he now has based upon his defensive play and pre-injury ability. When he was on the court here in Dallas he did bring the defense but not the offense that Nellie wanted (see Raja Bell). I think TAW would have been effective a couple of years ago if AJ was coaching then. Now, I think it is too late to repair damage.

I cannot justify TAW refusing a buy-out and then trying to catch on elsewhere, except to say when people get p@#ss%d-off, they don't always think clearly. Blame the agent rather than the player, though. Agents should be able to convince their clients of the benefit if they can get their players near full value of contract in buy out.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote