View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #21
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
In general, I'm not a fan of teams that have a big influx of bandwagoners when they're good.. In this area, when Boston's good, you see Red Sox fans everywhere. When they're not, you don't. Sure, I suppose you could say that you shouldn't hold that against the team, but most do...

Plus, in general, I don't like most people from the northeast...
What he said.

Here's a story the epitomizes why I hate Boston.

Two years ago my dad and I went to a Ranger game early in the season. Boston was in town, and there were a ton of Boston fans. Whatever. Dallas is a common place for people to relocate to.

So right before the game start, a dad and son walk down and sit a couple rows in front of us. The dad is probably mid 50's wearing an old beat up Ranger red hat. His son, clearly a Texas boy (you can just tell) is wearing an A&M hat, and a brand spanking new, authentic David Ortiz jersey. I mean it looks like he just cut the tags off.

So anytime Manny or Ortiz come up to bat, this guy is talking to them, calling their name, etc. Rest of the lineup..it's unclear if he knows who they are. So Ortiz smacks a homer in the first, and this guy stands up, points to the name on the back of his jersey, and starts turning around and taunting the fans. Meanwhile his dad looks completely embarassed.

Later in the game Ortiz hits another homer and this dude TAKES OFF his jersey and holds it up, turning around and around taunting all the Texas fans. Look fans can do crap like that, whatever. But I'll bet you a million dollars that this dude has never set foot in the greater New England area and couldn't tell you a thing about Boston pre-2004.

THAT is why I hate the Red Sox.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-20-2008 at 11:25 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote