View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #4051
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
The Suns' trying to keep Hill and how Jared Dudley played under Gentry, it appears free-agent small forward Matt Barnes will not be back.

Barnes said his agent, Aaron Goodwin, told him Dallas, Cleveland, Orlando and the Los Angeles Lakers (before Ron Artest's signing) showed interest but the Suns have not.

"I guess they're headed in a different direction," Barnes said. "It was a hectic year. I don't think anyone was at their full potential on the team with the coaching situation (Terry Porter's hiring and firing). After the season, Alvin Gentry told me he wanted me back and that I fit his style and he'd always wanted to coach me. Steve Kerr was honest and said they might not have too much money."

Barnes came to the Suns on a one-year, $926,678 deal last year with the idea of a major role in a beneficial system leading to a better contract. He averaged career highs in points (10.1) and rebounds (5.5) but faces a tough market.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...shill0708.html
Unless we have something big in store, Barnes is probably the best guy we can get with the LLE (assuming we don't just hang onto it...)

Kidd/Marion/Barnes/Gortat/Boobie without losing a single rotation player (unless you count Bass, but Marion cancels the loss) - that's a pretty damn fine offseason!

(I'm happy even if we don't add Barnes, but he's good insurance...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-07-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote