View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #33
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I don't necessarily disagree with anyting you're saying. It just depends on what we're expecting out of him. You could argue until you're blue in the face over which one is better. My only point is that I don't see him as a major improvement over Dampier. Now if we're thinking of Gortat purely as a long term Damp-replacement, then absolutely, he'd be a great pickup. However, I still haven't given up hope on Kaman. I know it's unlikely that he can be had for just a salary dump, but remember, it is the Clippers we're talking about here.
That's pretty much what it should come down to...Damp is certain to a departure as early as this summer and definitely the following summer at the latest. So why not go for it with a big relatively young center?

I don't see any reason to give up on Kaman but I definitely think they'll want Josh in a deal...and I know you're against that. That would still be somewhat of a salary dump, but they're getting pretty good talent in return. They want a SF in a return deal because they're not happy with Thorton and would rather have him come off the bench.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-07-2009 at 05:54 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote