View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #52
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
sorry...I didn't realize you were saying the toppling of Saddam's Statue was an important event.

It wasn't an important event, it was a simple army psy-ops mission. I'm not avoiding the point, it's just that the event in and of itself wasn't of any significance other than as a piece of propaganda.
as a marker for how much control we had, yes it was. "psy-ops" and "important event" are not in an either-or relationship. Edit: As a sign for how happy Iraqis were over the downfall of Saddam, who knows? There were probably a lot of Iraqis who were happy about it, and a lot who weren't. It's war.

Quote:
So....military actions which include dropping bombs on another country is not 'war', but preparation for war in your view? In my view dropping bombs on another country is war, but clearly that's a crazy way of looking at things.
if it's all the same thing, then what's your beef? The US gov. let everyone know for a decade or so that they were doing this stuff in Iraq. Most people couldn't be bothered with the details cause they didn't think we were at war, and most people who knew didn't think of it as "war." And if the gov had been saying, "we're at war" all along, then they would have confused the matter greatly, because we weren't.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 07-22-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote