View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 11:26 AM   #181
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
Well spree, with Orange trying to make a case for Dirk as the MVP of THIS year, I would think he would be primarily comparing stats and "dominance" for this year. If I am wrong, I apologize for butting in.
No Dan, you were very right. I think spreedom realizes his misunderstandings now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
Oh, I was just trying to figure out how exactly his definition of a dominant player was compared with mine. I don't think you could call a guy that has only had one good year or two a dominant player (not that Dirk hasn't been excellent for a few years, but I'm just saying).
Nobody thinks that. That wasn't even a topic of discussion. Even if we had touched on it - your point wouldn't be relevant seeing as how it is not applicable to the individual I am supporting (Dirk). We were discussing the MVP award for this season, why would you think that this was even on the table?

Quote:
I was more referring to what your definition of a dominant player is compared with mine.. and thought comparing players in previous seasons would make it easier for me to see it from your point of view.
When I talk about dominant players, I'm talking about individual dominance quantified by statistics. I talked about BOTH individual dominance and winning...for the MVP award...this season.

You brought up TD and Kobe. You talked about their past accomplishments = irrelevant. Dirk has had a better statistical year than TD (significantly so), Dirk's team has won more games than Kobe (significantly so).

Quote:
Your criteria for an MVP was, unless I understood you incorrectly, a singularly dominant player. I was giving examples of other players that were singularly dominant, such as Kobe and Duncan.
No, my criteria for MVP was a singularly dominant player who is on an elite, winning team. Neither TD nor Kobe fit that criteria this season. It wasn't simply a tangent - you were misconstruing the argument entirely. You've done it throughout the course of this thread...I just don't get how you can do it and not realize it...

Final Edit:

And please don't pull the bullying card again - that's not what I'm trying to do here. Just read through the exchange that we had in this thread and tell me you were messing with me or something...because otherwise alot of your responses were nonsensical.

Last edited by orangedays; 04-28-2006 at 11:54 AM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote