Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 08:37 PM   #759
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Also to be clear, I think everyone I've seen post here has it like this.

Some form of Ayton/Doncic>>>>>>>JJJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else.

I know some don't have Doncic in that top, top tier, and some don't have JJJ in their top 5 at all. But I don't think anyone here is saying JJJ is on par with Ayton or Doncic. I do think JJJ has a chance to be a singular player. I doubt he's ever 20 & 10 in the NBA & he's not the passer that Draymond Green is, but I do think he has the "unicorn" like abilities on the defensive end. He's a guy who I can see guarding every position on the floor, which really Draymond is the only current player in the league who can make that claim & I think he has the ceiling of being able to do it a higher level than Draymond does it, particularly the agility to stay with smaller guards & the ability to block & alter far more shots than Draymond does.

A lot of folks in here are excited about Bamba being potentially Gobert 2.0. Well, my excitement for JJJ is he's younger than Bamba, is already proven to be tougher imo with a more developed body, and he could be Gobert 2.0 also, only with the ability to come out on the perimeter & defend small guards on the PnR when needed.

Defensively, JJJ's ceiling is higher than anyone else in this draft & that's the excitement for him. I don't know about anyone else, but I think his upside offensively falls short of a superstar, maybe even an All Star, and I could see him falling into a Robert Covington role on offense; particularly, if he goes to a team where they have ball-dominant players & he becomes the 3rd or 4th option. In fact, he's probably unlikely to work himself into a role on a NBA team where he's going to be the 2nd option. But, the defensive potential is special.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote