View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 06:01 PM   #16
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
If Frank can’t even get min I’m not sure NYK would worry about him improving Dallas since they clearly don’t think highly enough of him to give him minutes, but as you said Dallas has no assets they could want unless we somehow swing a 3 way trade. I’m not even sure Dallas has interest in him though especially with Wright on the roster.
Ntilikina is more than good enough to "get min".

His development has suffered by:

1) never playing in the system for which he was drafted (triangle), or while the man who drafted him (Phil Jackson) was in charge of the team

2) playing for a coach (Hornacek) who was fighting for his career, and loathe to develop rookies, despite KP's lobbying Hornacek for more time for Ntilikina

3) playing for a "coach" (Fizdale) who was under strict orders to tank, and did so by running every G-leaguer he could through MSG on a 1-year contract

4) playing on a team that traded a generational talent (Porzingis) for a 5th-rate point guard prospect (Smith), and felt pressure to justify the trade by giving Smith burn at PG

5) recurring injuries (groin)

He arrived to the NBA, landing in NYC as a 19-year old kid, not speaking the language. Still and all, he has shown elite defensive skills when he's gotten on the court, and was dominant this past summer in FIBA against a player (Walker) who was considered a top NBA free agent.

NYKs recently picked up the option on his 4th year, and look to be trying to salvage some value on a former Top 10 draft pick. A fair number of reports that Detroit has interest. He has an NBA-ready 3 that he only needs to be encouraged to shoot, and he would easily defend the 1s, 2s, and 3s that will scorch the Mavs' current cast of weak defenders. He's also 22, and on the verge of taking off; now is the time to get him cheap, rather than overpaying for some overhyped free agent (like a Kemba Walker?) . I wish that Dallas could take advantage of the NYKs' stupidity and ineptitude, but I don't see a way.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote