View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 03:02 PM   #93
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
i think it is downright moronic to tar those groups by pointing to the action of one psychopath that has clearly been inching towards this inglorious moment in the sun for years.
See also, gun control movement; Giffords shooting. Sorry, I must have missed a rule change.

I also bet 99.994% of the population will agree that police brutality is disgusting, and they hate it. This would include about 99.9% of the people that oppose the Ferguson or Staten Island protests, including the cops that are trying to maintain order in cities across this country.

But this "us v. the system" mess is getting way out of control. I'm not even sure what they're fighting for. Disarming cops? No cops? Racial quotas in arrests? Mob justice instead of grand juries?

Why don't we start with: 1) scaling way back on overreaching laws that create the opportunity for the state to intrude in people's lives, 2) taking away all the grenades and APCs from local law enforcement, 3) adding cameras to preserve a record of police activity, 4) eliminating no-knock warrants, and 5) restricting the application of state and prosecutorial immunity. We could probably use an update in use of force procedures for executing warrants as well (e.g., don't throw flashbangs into baby cribs).

Oh wait, Al Sharpton would not be necessary, so this can't be right.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 12-29-2014 at 03:15 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote