View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 02:26 PM   #59
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Holy shit, you're a teacher...

I totally get the "not being able to talk to people" thing... I used to live in Dallas, but moved back to Austin last year... Pretty much everybody here is obsessed with UT sports (#NotMe #UNT #Denton #90s #LSD #Jazz, #Jungle), but when it comes to the NBA this is mostly Spurs country (with a little Rockets salad-tossed in because Texas).

D-M is/was my only solace.
He isn't the only teacher around here I guess In my case at university level.

On a serious note: I'll gonna miss this place a lot. I was still lurking here whenever I had the time, but that wasn't often during the last 2 years. Too much to do in real life. Additionally, at some point you're not able anymore to pull yourself out of the bed night in and night out here over the pond if you have to work on the next day. And during the weekends you need some proper sleep. I am still following my Mavs whenever I can, but due to the reasons mentioned above it I had to make strides.

I'm still having my acc on spurstalk (same name), although I'm rarely active there anymore. Additionally, I'm posting every now and then on realgm (different name). Twitter I don't use.

But what I witnessed here stays with me (I read here before joining). And the climax was the title in 2011, just an amazing feeling to celebrate it with all you goofballs. It was a pleasure to be here, to say it with Dirk's words: It has been an amazing ride. Thanks and goodbye.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 01-22-2016 at 02:28 PM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote