Thread: Trade deadline
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 04:21 PM   #24
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I hate to say it, but I kinda agree. It's annoying to hear people complain about our lack of cap space, but then be OK when the FO gives long term deals to DFS and Maxi. Sorry, but those guys just don't move the bar.

And it has nothing to do with whether these guys are worth what they are being paid or not. We shouldn't be giving out long term contracts to anyone that isn't a second star or really, really f'in good that takes the load off of Luka.

Perplexing, really.
I mean, those aren't cap buckling contracts and they are definitely worth it IMO. Argument to be had on DFS as he's regressed, but if he can return, both players are types you'd like to have in a rotation, albeit at reduced roles. It's tough because I get that sentiment, it's just that we have a collection of meh contracts. I definitely hear you on the length and tying it up for that long. Doesn't help that they all kind of fell on top of each other in terms of timing.

I did just notice that Bullock's contract next year is only just above half guaranteed. That could be an attractive add-in to a trade to make dollars work. He certainly isn't going to drive return on his own.

In any event, it's clear that a shakeup is needed and apparently the odds of it happening are increasing each day. I just hope like someone said they don't make a move just to make one and have a plan to either upgrade the team now or its situation moving forward (i.e. trading these longer deals for expiring).
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote