View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 11:50 AM   #11
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't edit posts for isolated cussing, nor do I go anywhere near super-pissed-off primal scream type threads or "Stu Jackson Suspends Dirk for Long Hair" threads, because there's just too much rage and anger to try and selectively decide whose cussing is reasonable and whose isn't.

It's just not worth the time.

The only time I'll do anything regarding profanity is if it's not accompanied by any intelligible statements, if it's totally out of context in a thread, or if it's directed at a forum member rather than an abstract recipient of Mavs fan rage.

And of course, the #1 way to initiate me reviewing a thread from that perspective is to report a post.

As far as I'm concerned, if a post isn't reported, then it's not worth editing. If the supposed problem with swearing is offending people, then offended people need to act offended. Almost nobody in the 5 year history of this board has made a serious attempt at claiming offense to an occasional f-bomb or bullshit. The few times that I've seen really bad language that I thought was too bad, I also got some post reports from it. I believe in the wisdom of many being more qualified than the judgement of a few, in this respect. It's the libertarian in me.

But that's just me. I haven't even read the Community Standards. I was a mod before they existed.

Last edited by Rhylan; 06-18-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote