View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #90
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I'm not trying to drag him through the mud. He's awesome...one of the all-time greats, to be sure. I'm saying that if you want to demean Romo for lack of big-game production, then your argument should apply equally to Manning, too.
How about you show me the 1 ring Tony HAS won to even come close to comparing him to Peyton and then we can talk. Oh, he doesn't have that but he has the stats that even sniff Peyton's? Wait, nope. How about division titles? Playoff wins? Nope. Hmmm... But wait, the Cowboys would be no better with a healthy Peyton Manning over Romo... Puff, puff, pass bro. Puff, puff, pass.

Again, my issue with Romo is not his talent. He has AMAZING talent. God, read all of the past Cowboys season threads, the game day threads, and even posts in this thread - I am quite clear on that. Romo's issue is with his head and that is not an issue Peyton has EVER been accused of having - ever, by anyone, EVER! Peyton also has the unbelievable accuracy and touch and is one of the best pure passers in the history of the game, if not the very, very best. This isn't even a fair argument.