View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #92
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
IMO
Romo is in the Steve Young, Brett Farve mold.

I tend to prefer the Brady, Aikman, Marino, Peyton Manning mold.

Both will work........one style just seems to work more consistently.

I am not saying Romo doesn't have the talent -- I think he does. Much like Brett Farve, I think the huge and completely avoidable (were he to lose some of his dumb) mistakes kill him though in the big games. In my opinion, this is why Donovan McNabb, and Randall Cunningham don't have rings right now, but the Trent Dilfers and Mark Rypiens do.
There... Fixed...

Agree with everything else though. My sentiments exactly, which is why the thought that a more consistent and intelligent (while roughly equally talented physically) QB like Peyton would do nothing at all for the Cowboys over where we are with Romo is just asinine. My previous hope was that Romo morphs into that type of a QB and learns enough from his mistakes to avoid them in the future - and maybe he does that eventually. That said, I don't see it happening which is why I took the stance I did.