View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #427
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
I really think his low assists per game is due to the team around him. He has made some great passes to guys and they end up not shooting when they should or they miss the shot completely. The guy should touch the ball on most possessions. I don't know how many times the team runs up the court and either DSJ or Wes pound the rock then don't pass the ball and end up shooting a brick. I wonder what the team assist numbers are as far as the mavericks are compared to the rest of the league. It seems that this years team doesn't move the ball around nearly as well as last years.
Your perception does not line up with the numbers...

- Mavs are #5 in the league with 26.8 assists per game.

- JJ Barea is #5 overall (8.5 APG) and #1 overall in AST% (58.6).

- Dennis Smith Jr is #35 overall (5.0 APG) and #55 overall in AST% (25.3).

- Luka Doncic is #55 overall (3.8 APG) and #118 overall in AST% (16.0).

- Wesley Matthews is #77 overall (3.3 APG) and #146 overall in AST% (14.0).

And from what I've seen, the Mavs almost move to ball TOO MUCH... There were a few instances last night where guys passed up a good look to make the extra pass. Which, in my opinion, is an okay problem to have with such a young team -- at least they're willing to move the ball around.

If anything, Luka's assist numbers aren't higher because we're asking him to carry the scoring load, and he's willing to do that.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-25-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote