View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 07:42 PM   #428
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Your perception does not line up with the numbers...

- Mavs are #5 in the league with 26.8 assists per game.

- JJ Barea is #5 overall (8.5 APG) and #1 overall in AST% (58.6).

- Dennis Smith Jr is #35 overall (5.0 APG) and #55 overall in AST% (25.3).

- Luka Doncic is #55 overall (3.8 APG) and #118 overall in AST% (16.0).

- Wesley Matthews is #77 overall (3.3 APG) and #146 overall in AST% (14.0).

And from what I've seen, the Mavs almost move to ball TOO MUCH... There were a few instances last night where guys passed up a good look to make the extra pass. Which, in my opinion, is an okay problem to have with such a young team -- at least they're willing to move the ball around.

If anything, Luka's assist numbers aren't higher because we're asking him to carry the scoring load, and he's willing to do that.
There are definitely times that they have not taken an open shot when they should have, no excuses. There are also times that they have had defenses scrambling and they kept moving the ball in Hope's of a more open shot when they should have just shot. It's understandable that having defenses scattering all over to help that they keep it moving until they find the best opportunity to score but sometimes the scramble defensively catches up or ends up in the right place.

I dont think they move it too much. Imo they (wes barea and dsj) have not moved it enough at crucial times and settle for a bad jumper early in the possession.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote