View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 07:06 AM   #4073
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
In fairness, I think Garnett definitely was better earlier in their careers. In 2004 I thought Garnett was the best player in the game. But like I said, I think Dirk surpassed him in 2005. The deciding factor for me is that Dirk consistently took ordinary or outright mediocre supporting casts to 50+ wins and playoff runs for well over a decade. Garnett's Wolves OTOH plummeted into irrelevance after his MVP year. Plus, Dirk carried his team to a championship- not one other all-star by his side. Garnett OTOH needed two other Hall of Famers with him to win his title.
Oh I agree Garnett was better in 04(I thought dirk was better in 03 btw) but I'd also like to point out that dirk even if you give kg credit for being better every season through 04, dirk has still been better for a freaking decade.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote