View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future
Default Donald Sterling *shakes head*

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5915935

Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling has taken to heckling Clippers guard Baron Davis during games over his play and conditioning, according to a Yahoo! Sports report.

Sterling's taunts at Davis have included the following, several sources said, according to the report:

• "Why are you in the game?"

Sterling When they make shots, it's great. When they don't, we're all disappointed.
” -- Clippers owner Donald Sterling

• "Why did you take that shot?"

• "You're out of shape!"

Sterling said little when asked about his comments, according to the report.

"When they make shots, it's great," Sterling said during the Clippers' loss to the Orlando Magic on Sunday, according to the report. "When they don't, we're all disappointed."

Asked to explain further, Sterling shrugged and ended the interview, according to the report.

Sterling has heckled other Clippers players, but he's razzed Davis the worst, according to the report.

"There's nothing I can say," Davis said of Sterling's comments, according to the report. "I have no comment on that. You just get to this point where it's a fight every day. It's a fight. You're fighting unnecessary battles. I'm fighting unnecessary battles.

Davis There's nothing I can say. I have no comment on that. You just get to this point where it's a fight every day. It's a fight. You're fighting unnecessary battles. I'm fighting unnecessary battles.
” -- Clippers guard Baron Davis

"It's frustrating because I know and my teammates know I'm capable of getting it done, even dudes on the other team. It's frustrating."

Davis, who has three years and almost $42 million remaining on his contract, has struggled this season. He's averaging 7.4 points per game, has missed 14 of 25 games and had his conditioning questioned earlier this season by Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro.

It's not uncommon for sports owners to voice their displeasure about their teams -- though usually it happens through the media. Late New York Yankees owner George M. Steinbrenner was famous for his willingness to call reporters and vent about his unhappiness about his team's play.

Public criticism in front of the fans is less common, though not unheard of. At the San Diego Padres' 1974 home opener, the late Ray Kroc took the public address microphone and apologized to the fans for his team's play.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote