View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #27
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Are you advocating a boycott of today's game v. GSW?

I think the players have a lot of leverage with regard to how the league ultimately disciplines Sterling, both short- and long-term. But I think that a disruption of the playoffs with a one-game boycott (or 2 games, or 3 games), would have less impact than a deliberate consideration of the circumstances, and an orderly, well-thought-out, thoroughly-considered response that Sterling's comments deserve.

I don't think that the responsibility for sanctioning Sterling lie with the players/employees. I think it's the league's primary responsibility, and ultimately the public's. The silence of an empty Staples Center for a nationally televised game would deafen the league into action.

Should also be pointed out that as repugnant as Sterling's comments are, he has acts in his past that are arguably even worse, that tangibly damaged actual people. And neither a jury (in the case of Elgin Baylor) nor the NBA did anything to hold him to account. And a paltry couple-of-million dollars fine by the U.S. Justice Department for housing discrimination is of little more consequence to a billionaire like Sterling than a mosquito bite.
Well let me say this. I never once thought that anyone would boycott. My opinion of these guys is they don't care. Now whether they should or not? That's not for me to say. Its easy to speak on this on the outside looking in so i'm aware of that.

But they do try to send a message.......and it was turning their warm up jerseys or whatever inside out. It looks silly and childish. That sends no message if that was the intent.

If you wanted to go out there and send a message than do it.

But it takes a certain individual to play for the Clippers and like it has been stated, this isn't his first time doing something like this and this is one of his lesser offenses. So if you were playing for him prior to these comments and rooting for the Clippers you probably should still do it. You've been supporting a bigot for this long.....

And I hate to take this approach to this but this whole situation just rubs me the wrong way........its almost like the "slave master" approach. You're good enough to work for me but not good enough to sit at the table and eat with me. Very disgraceful.

I do agree with you that this shouldn't even be up tot he players or employees. This should be the league. But these players.....they have to stand for something. Guys like Jim Brown, Bill Russell, etc. before them? They all stood up.....and they all use to. Then this certain type of athlete started to come into the league that started with the MJ era. It started being about the $$$ over social awareness. Now no one cares. I guess people are comfortable now in their 20 million dollar houses.....

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 04-27-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote