View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #40
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I don't see how that has anything to do with free agency... He repeatedly said that Donald Sterling is a disgusting bigot who he doesn't want to be associated with in the NBA.

But he does have a point about precedence. Where does it stop once you set a legal framework? Could an owner get booted for criticizing the league?
That's absolutely right. That slope gets mighty slippery.

What do you do then with everyday people who make racist remarks? What do you do if your employer makes such racist remarks?

The NBA can penalize Sterling by fining him, banning him from attending games, or withdrawing draft picks from the Clippers. I read somewhere that the Clippers' players might be able to opt for free agency and go play somewhere else. I think they can, and should, be afforded the opportunity to do so. It's just like if you find out your employer's a racist prick, you can always quit or even sue for discrimination, but forcing him/her to sell the business so that you can continue to be employed there and get a paycheck is nonsense.

One more thing, the person who obtained and leaked the audio of a private conversation between a man and his girlfriend is, imo, as big a scum as Sterling.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote