View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 08:15 AM   #15
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Why not Dwight Howard?.....how about we go after Lebron James, Kobe and D-Wade since your trying to be sarcastic, I'm stunned you even put Marc Gasol in the same class as Dwight Howard, I haven't seen anywhere about Marc being "untouchable" and I don't know how why Dwight Howard's name was even brought up, the only untouchable players in the NBA right now are Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Howard, Nowitzki and Paker and Duncan but anybody else can be had for the right price.
Whoa there killer, let's all highfive and group hug (not specifically in that order).

I'll highlight the part of my post that's most pertinent:

Quote:
Why not Dwight Howard? Seems as though both are about equal on the "untouchables" list as far as their respected teams are concerned.
In reply to your post: Kobe is untouchable for the Lakers. LeBron is untouchable for the Cavs. Howard is untouchable for the Magic. The reason why I put him (Marc Gasol) in the same category is because he is essentially untouchable for the Grizzlies.

Marc Gasol was the consolation prize for a team that got garbage in trade for Pau Gasol, and I highly doubt that they'd be willing to give him up for anything less than a starter on our team. I know people are all anti-Josh Howard on this board (even though just about every team in the league would love to have him), but the fact of the matter is that trading him for Marc Gasol would be severely detrimental to our lineup. We would definitely get what we need at the 5, but the desperation for finally having that would just create a whole different problem.

I acknowledge that there are possibilities out there to fix that problem should we need to, but at face value (this trade alone) would hurt more than help it seems.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote