View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 08:59 AM   #73
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future
Default post game comments/quotes from Bucks SB Nation site

Interesting to read through perspectives from other team's fans...
I guess they also feel that Giannis doesn't get enough calls
Love to hear anyone trashing G Allen - he's a a low class jerk tryna get people hurt with cheap play.

https://www.brewhoop.com/2022/4/3/23...e-april-3-2022

----------------------------------

- "Doncic was outstanding... his court awareness on offense is something to behold."

- "give credit where credit is due. Kidd and the Mavs planned and executed a good defensive game plan vs. Giannis."

- "what they did this game wasn't really great defense.

They literally walled Gianni and gave open shot to anyone. Jrue had 4-5 makes at some point and he was left all alone, non stop. I guess it works, limit Giannis drives and FTs, fouls, etc.

It really helps when you are rewarded for that physicality too."

- "Giannis turned in to a clear foul on the very first possession, the defender caught him with both a bump and his arms as he went to pivot and rise and it went uncalled. So the MVP gets no benefit of the whistle while Dwight f'ing Powell gets a phantom call underneath. As you said: they're doing this to us AT HOME. It is crazy to me that we're back to the Shaq era, where a defender can do whatever the hell they want to Giannis, and he's never going to get a fair game. It is sad."

"- The Dallas attacked Allen every time on every play he was on the floor. Every f**ing time. You can say he played well, but was still played off the floor. I wasn't very confident on him regarding playability in the playoffs and I pray to be wrong. We pay him $10 mil next season."

"Dallas, even though Doncic has the ball in his hands a lot, plays great as a TEAM. Those are guys who are overlooked, have a lot of length, and don’t give a damn. I think many people overlook how tough of a matchup they can be in the West."

"They couldn't find an answer to the Mavericks defense. It felt like last year's playoffs, where almost every game against a defensively competent team was a struggle. 4rth quarter was an abomination. No movement, not many passes, give the ball to Middleton to do some heroics, many turnovers. Giannis was invisible, he couldn't even rebound."

From SB nation writers - bonus bucks bits - https://www.brewhoop.com/2022/4/3/23...w-april-3-2022

-Bud started with Wes Matthews on the primary assignment against Luka Doncic.
- The Bucks started in drop coverage on Doncic, he got downhill for an and-one. The immediate next possession Brook Lopez came much higher up on the floor to meet him near the arc. It resulted in lots and lots of Dwight Powell dump-off finishes.
- Anytime Dallas threw Davis Bertans on the floor, the Bucks seemed to have a mandate from Coach Bud to attack him with any and all of their offensive actions.
- The Mavericks got back to the point that Milwaukee couldn’t muster a single fast break point.

Last edited by Scoobay; 04-04-2022 at 09:25 AM.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote