View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 06:05 PM   #159
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTxMFFL View Post
Until we get our first big fish I'm always assuming no one will actually come to Dallas. It's such a frustrating situation the Mavs are in these days.
Whiteside is the first big fish we're speculating on though. And yes, the odds are probably less than 50/50 that we land him, but the we're certainly in a much better situation than I thought we were a week ago. This is maybe the most coveted FA in the league outside of Durant, and the Mavs have made to his final two. That's reason to be at least a little hopeful.

Besides, I do think the Mavs' free agency woes in recent years are just a little overblown. After the title we missed out on Dwight and Deron, so "plan powder" didn't work out, and then last year of course there was the DJ fiasco. But in the past couple of seasons we landed Chandler Parsons, Monta Ellis and Wesley Matthews. All three pretty big talents, so it's not like the Mavs haven't had any success in free agency in recent years.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote