View Single Post
Old 03-17-2001, 10:35 PM   #27
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the welcome dj. And I understand what you are saying about worrying that we're not a lock--in its own way, this season is still hard on Mavs fans who have gone for so many years struggling to keep hope alive only to see it sooner or later crushed.

But look at the numbers. If the Mavs win just 5 more games--barely over .300, when they are .652 on the season and have yet to have a losing month (1 more win to lock that in for march)--then Phoenix, Minnesota, and Houston all still have to win at least 10 games (and every game against the mavs) for us to drop out of the playoffs. And that means that, respectively, they would have to play .588, .625, and .666 over the last stretch.

I do think its too early to be thinking about moving up as anything other than a nice possibility, but I am really not worried about getting into the playoffs.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote