Thread: Nerlens Noel
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 09:09 PM   #1092
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

When i read that i had to think about Noel last summer....

https://hoopshype.com/2018/06/29/nba...d-this-summer/

Quote:
There were many huge deals handed out in 2016, which has made it difficult for agents to manage expectations with their players in the aftermath.

“The summer of 2016 was so unique because a lot of guys were agreeing to these huge deals shortly after midnight,” one NBA agent explained. “Because of that, there were guys who had a really good offer from a team – a great value – but they were hesitant to sign thinking they could hold out and get one of those crazy deals they saw. We were trying to explain to guys, ‘There’s a limit to the amount of available money!’ We had one player in particular who was hesitant to sign a contract that would pay him over $10 million per year, which was by far the biggest contract he’d ever been offered, just because he was looking at Luol Deng and what he got and saying, ‘But I’m better than him!’ We had to persuade him to sign this amazing deal. Because so many monster deals were handed out, there were quite a few guys who were hesitant to sign 72 hours later – even if it was a great contract. That summer made it harder to set expectations, mainly with the players who don’t understand the market.”
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote