View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #997
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
I'm not sure what the ploy would be though. I mean who are they kidding? For Johnson to stay it's going to come down to the numbers but implying they'll pay to the moon to keep him won't drive up interest or offers in S&T's.

In other words, if they're truly willing to just hold on to him at that price it doesn't make me want to up the ante with out S&T offer. We have many other options and not many teams will want to take on that much salary so in the end they will have only bluffed and wasted peoples time only to have Johnson eventually leave like he has been saying he'll do all along.
It's that added year that makes a difference for him. I think it's all a moot point because I honestly think he doesn't wanna stay in Atlanta. Teams like Chicago, Miami, and NY are going to offer him the most they can.

The calling card I've heard about Atlanta is they're cheap, so this really just seems like a PR move. They don't really want him, he knows that...he doesn't wanna stay here, they know that - Just make the offer to show you tried.