View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 02:39 PM   #100
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Cuban or Avery would never trade Dirk. If this keeps us from making the playoffs or if this makes us win a nba title, this is how it is. Dirk will not be traded as he is a fan favorite in Dallas. He is a very unique player. The shortcommings are also there in not playing inside and not playing much defense.

Where Dirk would shine and score about 30 a game, would be Phx. No defense is taught there and it is wide open style and you are open for bombs or you have space to move. This is where Dirk really goes off. Again this won't happen, as Cuban will never trade Dirk and especially to Phx.

So what are our solutions? Well if Dirk is here for the long haul, you must match players around him. Dirks problems did not start this year. I am not sure what happened but Dirk was a monster last year and had taken his game to another level and about two weeks left in the regular season, he quit. About a week later, Jason Terry quit. I have never seen Terry quit untill then. Dirk refused to get a rebound or ever step inside the painted area. Why? I do not know and this carried over into the playoffs where Dirk and Terry did not want to play and every now and then, in spurts they would some and to the point, it even made Howard quit. Harris is the only one that tried and Diop did as well.

Avery loves Stackhouse. If he shoots 30 times a game, it is ok with Avery. The problem, Stackhouse has become a stand still shooter and when we become an Antoine Walker team and stand and bomb, we are not good. Phx is not even good that way, they must move the ball and have penetration. A knock on Stack his whole career was his defense, so if you have bombs away, not much defense at sg and no driving, this hurts. They are not going to change Dirk and all you can do is try to light a fire under him and see why he quit last year and why that problem can't be resolved. He plays scarred now.

Why isn't Hassell playing? When Gino looks like Michael Jordan, Stackhouse can't guard him. Where is Hassell? Didn't we get Hassell for Gino, Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Melo and TMack?

We must have centers but Dampier is still either hurt or him and Avery do not see eye to eye anymore and Avery begged for Damp here and he got him. Alot last night, Michael Finley was playing center. Yes, Finley at about 40 years old that doesn't play the best defense either. Did we make him and them pay? No, when Dirk passed Damp the ball with Finley guarding Damp, under the goal, Damp doesn't even look at the basket and kicks it back out for a Dirk jump shot. Michael Finley just won at being the center.

The only one that would try to score is Bass down low. They could put Steve Nash on our centers and most of our players in the paint, make Nash the center and only Harris, Bass and Howard is the only ones that would try to score on him in the paint. This is a huge problem because our team wants to be an Antoine Walker team. Gino and Finley was caught down low at center many times. This is sick.

Dirk can't dribble around and take a game over. This is not his style. He does it within the flow of the game and you must set Dirk up. It is much harder to do, when you do not have any inside game at all. We have only Bass that wants to play in the painted area.

You have two options and both makes us much better and we need both. We need a big physical shooting guard. I am talking a big tall physical one. Not a 40 year old Eddie Jones or Finley. We need one that can also drive to the basket. Stackhouse is actually good when he shoots about 7 to 10 ft's a game but he refuses to anymore.

Two of our best players are Harris and Terry but both are point guards and one guy can usually be on the floor at the time against many teams. Juwon Howard is terrible now. Our last big problem is we have no center that even looks to score. Dirk can't be center.

This team couldn't hardly be beat if you had a big physical driving sg and a center that could score, with Terry, Harris, Dirk, Howard and our fill ins. Avery must try to cover up these two weaknesses or it has to be a trade. Here are problems, Terry has big time trade value but he is one of our best players on the team. Howard has big time trade value but he is a big part of any defense we play and also why does he quit in the 4th q? I do not understand this. This team will never trade Dirk and lastly, Avery seems to be in love with Stackhouse and i am not sure what you could get for Stack.

I am going to put this nicely, when you are playing Finley and Gino down low as a center and you can't score on them, you have problems. That painted area is like a deep dark hole that most of our players are so afraid to go in. You must have points down there to win a title.

I am not saying Dirk isn't a part of the problem because he is big time but it won't do any good to think of trades with him because it won't happen.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote