Thread: Trade deadline
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2023, 01:19 PM   #1032
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

A Chicago NBC sports guy, K.C. Johnson, thinks Dragic may get bought out. Doubt the Mavs would be interested, but they should be..I still think his presence on the team would help Luka. For example, he would likely be a calming influence that might help reduce the number of technical fouls Doncic accumulates over the next 20+ games. Mavs cannot afford to have Luka suspended with every game being important. Mavs have three guys (maybe more) just taking up space: Lawson, Pinson, and Frank. They have little or no value (I take that back Pinson is a great cheerleader) so its time to move on. I also think adding Dieng or Faried makes more sense than hanging on to any in this threesome. I cannot imagine any of those three (Lawson, Pinson, Frank) being in the long-term plans of the Mavs so its time to make any move you can to improve the roster for the playoffs (assuming they make the playoffs).

If the Bulls don?t add Russell Westbrook, John Wall and Patrick Beverley are names to keep in mind. The Bulls will need to waive a player to create a roster spot, and their current focus calls into question the future of Goran Dragic.
Source: NBC Sports