View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 07:55 PM   #22
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly
It's not overkill if the players are signing for cheap....Scola getting about 2.6 mil a year, Francis about 2.6-3 mil a year, bonzi for 2.5 mil a year, mike james 4 or 5 mil a year.
Well, consider this....

When the Rockets hired new GM Morey, it was a straight "Moneyball" move out of the Oakland A' playbook, as Morey is an MIT grad who had no experience in the professional sports industry. Like Billy Beane of the A's, he evaulates players based solely stats.The Rockets were the first team in the NBA to bring the Moneyball way of thinking into the GM position...and most did not think it would work.

Well, seems like stats are not the only numbers he's crunching. Morey's doing a damn good job with his salary crunching too.....we could use some of that up here in NYC! Looks like the Rockets "Moneyball experiment" is a success...in the offseason that is. Could be during the season as well.

BTW, love the move.

Face it, while Morey is the GM, Adelman has a large say so on moves. So why did Adelman approve of this move? Cause he likes slashers who can penetrate and finish...which Steve Francis can do. Since Francis is a low I.Q. point guard, I bet we will see McGrady run the offense more, as JVG had him do sometimes last season. So now, Adelman has his slashers in Francis & McGrady and he has his "high post player w/passing skills" in Yao, and maybe Scola. Yao might even have his enforecr/rebounder in Scola too. Bonzi Wells chose to come back...and its most likely due to the fact he likes playing for Adelman, which will probably keep him happy and productive this time around. Not to mention, this team is deep, which will ighten the burden on T-Mac and Yao, thus making things easier for them. I think the pieces fit together....this team will be interesting and fun to watch, much like Adelman's old Kings teams.