View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 10:08 PM   #2
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

The answer is that it's because Ted Stevens is a politician, and a powerful one.

If these charges are true, it's a major problem. If you can't see that, then I really don't understand. This is nothing more than bribery. If he's guilty, of course.

"Look, I am in sales, and I am always working to personalize my relationships with the contacts from the companies I am seeking business. If under my relationships, I can provide them with gifts, and they provide me with gifts, then it is simply being friends. If we can support each other in business decisions and it a win-win for both companies, then we are doing our job."

... this is completely immaterial. Sure, that's fine in sales. But when one of the parties is not using his own money, but rather tax payer money, then it becomes an issue.