View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 02:48 AM   #42
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I don't think they said "No, thanks." I think they said "We can do better."
I think you are correct. If they would have gotten Howard the gamble would have been worth it, but they didn't and probably won't. The gamble wasn't worth it for just for Darran. What some of you seem to be forgetting is team dynamics. Tyson was perfect compliment to Dirk and visa versa. Tyson will not be as effective or as valuable to any other team as he was with the mavs as well as even he realized this season. It requires compatability for superstars to play well together.

It also takes a specific talent beyond just technical basketball knowledge to recognize which players would be compatable with each other. I again am begining to question if the front office or coaching staff really has that ability. I thought they had it last season but then I had forgotten that Tyson sort of fell into their laps. Last year seemed to be more of a fortunate accident rather than a well constructed plan. Well we shall soon see!
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote