View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
41N

41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Yeah the Mavs lack a true shooter like they had with Peja last season. But the truth is that there probably won't be any changes at the deadline. The only asstets are Roddy and DoJo and that's not very much. Then you have a lot of expirings and the Mavs want to keep their flexibility, so we're talking about trading expirings for other expirings and that won't work.
to make it clear, i also don't think that there are any trades in prospect. i'm just curious which possible trades could help this team.

i understand that they won't sign someone longterm because like you said they want to keep their flexibility for the offseason. and thats why i searched for veterans with expiring contract, nash and allen.

i think boston doesn't have much to lose. they won't get past miami and/or chicago. they're a great defensive unit but they just can't find consistent scoring. allen struggles to create his own shot, jet and roddy don't. they can't assume that allen will sign a new contract with them. jets contract expires after this season and they would still have a cheap talent with roddy.

phoenix won't make the playoffs, so there isn't a reason for nash to stay other than loyalty. if (and thats a big if) he decides to go for a ring, i think dallas would be very high on his list. see, i don't think he would come up with this idea but maybe cuban talks with his agent and the agent sells him this opportunity. i can't imagine that he didn't thought about playing with dirk(nash wanted dirk in phx).
and odoms contract expires after this season, just like nashs. i think odom and phx would be a better combination than odom and dallas. he could play all his minutes at pf and from phx to la its just a short flight. in addition they could try to develop dominique. maybe we could give them mahinmi or wright because they aren't high on lopez.

and don't take my thread to serious, i just like to play gm from time to time
41N is offline   Reply With Quote