View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #41
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
- I am 100% okay with him getting that last shot in regulation. The only thing that could lose the game in regulation was a TO, the starting/closing backcourt had already let the W's back into it earlier in the 4th with stupid sloppy play, and there isn't another guy on the active roster, Mayo included, who can match Vince when it comes to getting a shot off with minimal fluff. Look past the fact that it didn't drop through the net, which jumpers do at best only about 45% of the time anyway, and it was a well designed and very well executed play for the situation.
I have to disagree that any play is "well designed" when it involves not a single pass and a fallaway jumper by a guy who hasn't hit a shot in 12+ game minutes and has a very recently injured hamstring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
- As for him shooting too much in general, as I alluded to above, this team is really short on guys who can consistently create their own shot...as in, Vince appears to be the only guy who can do it. So for the time being, I'm afraid it's a necessary evil. And as somebody else said, he's not just out their chucking. He's making plays for others, directing traffic on offense, challenging shots on the interior. The guy's doing everything he can out there, and as far as I'm concerned, he's one of the guys keeping the team afloat right now. At least that's the way it looks to me. And judging by RC's reaction to his temporary injury absence last night, I daresay I'm not the only one who sees it that way. If you want him to do less, tell some of the other guys to start doing a little bit more.
I don't disagree with most of this, but my concern isn't about him creating his own shot. He's still a good shot creator, and I wish he'd do it even more. I'm concerned about his unnecessarily quick shooting hand on long-range jumpshots early in the shot clock that really aren't all that open. He is frequently way too eager to shoot with the slightest bit of airspace, even when there's plenty of time left to work for a better shot (whether himself or for one of his teammates).

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote