View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #347
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
I really really like the way Carter is leading the team this year.
if there is any way VC can maintain the kind of production, for an entire season, that he has shown up until this point (which unfortunately I find hard to believe given the degree of difficulty on so many of his shots) or even potentially improve given the German influence on the quality of his shots, then I still believe this team can be an extremely tough in the playoffs. I'm hoping as Carter's shots become more open with Dirk on the court, his shooting percentage will hopefully increase a bit.

In addition, I think by the end of the season you'll start to see guys like Elton Brand and Jae Crowder (for the second time) find their rhythm and become the same type of scorers we know they can be. Elton Brand has been the biggest disappointment so far imo. However, he isn't a disappointment due to lack of effort, which is always my main concern. He just seems to lack confidence right now and as a result has been unable to find his rhythm. Obviously everything is speculation right now, but its games like tonight that make me believe if we have everyone healthy and playing their best ball when the playoffs roll around, I think we can hang with any of the top 4 teams in the Western Conference in a 7 game series.

edit: I realize you were inferring other forms of leadership, I was just too lazy to include that in my post haha. But in regards to that, I will say I've been extremely impressed/excited/enamored with the way Carter has taken on the responsibility of mentoring Mayo, in particular. If VC can impart some of his invaluable experience to Mayo, along with ways to avoid some of the mistakes Carter has made, then VC will be earning his paycheck, almost aside from his production on the court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.

Last edited by ReDirkulous Tyme; 12-13-2012 at 03:27 PM.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote