View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 11:01 PM   #77
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'm really not for this if it means Powell gets less than 15 minutes every night.
This is what I was talking about...

But I did like what I saw in terms of him replacing Wright - I hope people quit hoping to get Wright back. I'd rather have McGee than Wright.

McGee's defense was quite awful in terms of blocking shots and most importantly, boxing out. But hey, it's only his first game back and we'll see how he develops. I didn't see any indication of him being smarter than before coming to Dallas but perhaps being surrounded by veterans and getting some playing time will help him improve his game. I do believe that Zaza could help mentor him but there is a major IF - if he really is willing to learn.

I also saw him walking past the half court when Mavs were on the offense... I get it that his coming back from injury but if he's doing that while being 100%, then he's got to go.

I feel weird by saying this but I do hope Kevin McHale ends up in Dallas to mentor McGee and Powell. However, it didn't look like he did such a good job with D12 or D-Mo. Perhaps Thibodeau would be better served as an assistant coach.

BUT there is a concern in terms of McGee getting minutes from Powell. I firmly think that Mavs should see Powell as their future and give him 20+ minutes a game. This being such a tight game JaVale got way too much playing time, at least some of his minutes should've gone to CharlieV who was hot.

Managing minutes in this Mavs team is going to be crazy to watch.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote