View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 11:32 AM   #583
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Id wager that Walker will be there at 10.

IMO you just don't spend a top-10 pick with so many potential stars on a guy like Walker. At best he's a strong starter.

That applies to us too. Maybe we should shoot for a low-floor, star upside guy. Then again, I think Walker is almost guaranteed to be a starter and has a decent chance of being our Looney.
The comparisons to Draymond are what should get fans excited. He is a guy that can guard 5 positions. Reminds me of a bigger Lu Dort.

I'm actually softening a bit on Hendricks. Hendricks is a 3 and D guy and maybe a good one at that, but he isn't a great rebounder, handler, or passer. Mavs need more multi-talented guys. Could he develop that stuff? Sure, but if he is a better defending Wood without the handling, then I'm not sure what a huge upgrade that is. I think Hendricks has a high bust potential compared to the rest of the lottery.

Again though, if Hendricks or Walker drop, then I can't see the Mavs passing on either. And Walker would make the pick way more valuable in a potential trade.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-26-2023 at 11:32 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote