View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 10:01 AM   #48
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
I think Parsons' storyline has been interesting to follow all season long. Most interesting turn of events happened here. I had the feeling that at least during the playoffs most of us were on board with re-signing Parsons. I do not know what happened, but with the last games of Finals, everyone started to consider more and more parting with Parsons. It was interesting to notice since nothing particular happened.
Two recent events give pause:

1) Parsons said he won't sign for less than max... Considering the cap spike, I think most of us would agree that he's probably worth more than the $15.3 he was due to make this upcoming season -- but $22m? That seems like a bit of a stretch for a guy who has shown flashes of All-Star potential, but hasn't been able to put together a full season in a Mavs uniform. I was thinking something more in the ballpark of $18m, and bet the FO was too.

2) The Mavs said they were making Whiteside & Conley their top priorities this summer... We're fans, our imaginations run wild -- we think about the possibilities with those two, and whatever love we had for Parsons wanes. We start to fixate on his flaws, his knees, the risk... Fan bias weakens in the face of better options.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-29-2016 at 10:07 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote