View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #6
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
But only a democrat has actually proposed a bill for one. To score political points obviously.

For the record, I'd like to see a draft, because not nearly enough Americans.

a. Get in shape.
b. Can defend themselves or the country.
c. Do a damn thing for anyone but themselves.
d. Haven't belonged to any group as tight-knit as the military.
Dude 1394,
Some times I agree with you, some times I don't. Either way I usually keep my mouth shut. As you usually do your research well.
But this time I can not.
You are wishing to see Americans drafted so they can get in shape and join a group???? Is this a joke I'm missing?

I grew up in a military family, my father was in for 30 years and just recently retired a Colonel. There were many times we were worried we would never see him again, there were times when we saw him bear the heaviest burdens. [Having to remove a wedding ring from a soldiers finger (the only part they found of him after his Tomahawk went down) to give to the man's widow.] Waiting for months and years for him to come home. This is the life any military family, and don't get me wrong I am grateful to the army for the opportunities it provided my family.

But for you to even suggest a draft for the reasons you've given is deplorable, tasteless, and shows you haven't the first clue about military life.

You are the worst kind of war-hawk. One who is willing to sacrifice others without risking anything yourself.

You disgust me!!!

p.s. This is not a knee jerk reaction. I debated this post for a long time before sending it.