View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 10:27 PM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
Dude 1394,
Some times I agree with you, some times I don't. Either way I usually keep my mouth shut. As you usually do your research well.
But this time I can not.
You are wishing to see Americans drafted so they can get in shape and join a group???? Is this a joke I'm missing?

I grew up in a military family, my father was in for 30 years and just recently retired a Colonel. There were many times we were worried we would never see him again, there were times when we saw him bear the heaviest burdens. [Having to remove a wedding ring from a soldiers finger (the only part they found of him after his Tomahawk went down) to give to the man's widow.] Waiting for months and years for him to come home. This is the life any military family, and don't get me wrong I am grateful to the army for the opportunities it provided my family.

But for you to even suggest a draft for the reasons you've given is deplorable, tasteless, and shows you haven't the first clue about military life.

You are the worst kind of war-hawk. One who is willing to sacrifice others without risking anything yourself.

You disgust me!!!

p.s. This is not a knee jerk reaction. I debated this post for a long time before sending it.
Your opinion and I'll take it as given. You can be disgusted if you want. Too bad.

I don't quite understand why you say something about not willing to risk something, etc. I volunteered for the military when I was 18 and got turned down for a silly reason to be honest. Probably because they had a draft actually. I have family that has served in Iraq, multiple tours.

Sorry about your "disgust", but I don't really give a shit about it.

My point in the posting was that I feel that EVERY PERSON should serve the country. The lack of a draft in this country, IMO weakens this country. We'll have multiple generations that won't have done a damn thing to support this country, risking nothing, all the while calling those who do , stupid people who only go because they can't get a better job.

Those were some of the reasons and I still think they are valid, no matter your "disgust".

I'm not quite sure where the vitriol came from to be honest. You could think it "stupid" etc. but disgusting makes me think that's it's yourself that has the issues on this.

Again tough shit.

It is funny that you only posted the first free-thought and not the others. I could easily add one.

e. Be willing to serve your country when called.

There are lots of good reasons imo for a draft, more than my free-flow came with.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 08-12-2007 at 10:29 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote