View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 03:37 AM   #16
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
Dude
You haven't the first clue. To be willing to serve when called is one thing, but that is not what you said. If you think that you're going to back track now good luck. I have always respected your opinion because it was well researched, but you have obviously never had any life experience with the military, if you had you would never wish the draft on anyone.
And your idea for a mandatory service smacks of communism. Way to show your true colors, Comrade.
Guess then that there will continue to be less and less of our well-heeled class in this country who will never have that experience either.

And fyi, I'm not trying to backtrack a bit. I was trying to elaborate on reasons why I felt military service a good thing for citizens to do in general and being willing to do in particular. As some posters have shown, I don't think they'd be signing up anytime soon.

Having a country where only ~90% servce in the military imo is not a positive long-term trend. You would call a draft communism, railing against it smacks of elitism to me.

Military service is good enough for those guys but not for me, is that how it goes?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote