View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 08:57 PM   #33
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel
That´s basicly what we have in Germany. We do have a draft and almost everyone either has to do a couple months of military service or as an alternative a couple months of civil service (at hospitals for example). People who do well at the draft can become lifers with specialized training and a military career. All the soldiers engaged in Afghanistan and elsewhere around the world are either lifers or volunteers (with better then normal training). I think it´s a good formula. We have a professional, standing army but also a huge portion of people has at least some military expirience if it should be necessary to defend the country in an all out war.
It does sound like a good formula. Are females included in the mandatory service? Just curious about it. I think people of Taiwan also have to have mandatory military service. As you can imagine I also think it a good solution.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote